Search This Blog

Friday, July 2, 2010

Silly Stuff


Being an artist means putting up with some silly stuff. Below is a list of things that are just plain silly!

1. Having to paint the whole sky again because I smeared green paint (meant for a palm tree) into the beautiful blue.
2. Not having the one image on a card that a customer wanted to buy,
3. Realizing I framed a picture upside down.
4. People thinking the photos on my cards are original art. (I wish!)
5. Children who scream bloody murder when their parents begin them in to watch me paint. (How embarrassing for those poor parents, but I find it pretty funny!)
6. People that say I don't charge enough for my work, and don't buy anything. (I just don't get it!)
7. Forgetting to photograph my work before I frame it.
8. The lousy economy - resulting in people feeling like they don't need art.
9. Not getting into shows with art leagues I belong to.
10. Getting into shows, but not selling anything.
11. Selling work at a 50/50 charity event, and not getting paid.
12. Forgetting to give customers my card and marketing materials.
13. Not being able to read the writing of clients when they sign my guest book.

And finally -

14. Forgetting to sign a painting before I photograph it!

There are many other silly things that go on, but above are the highlights.

Artfully yours,

Cathy

No comments: