Search This Blog

Sunday, November 16, 2008

I Guess I am Famous!


I had an unwanted experience today, when I went to my studio at the Mill. I knew it would eventually happen, but I was hoping not today.

One of my framed prints was missing from the hallway wall. I looked for a note, I checked my messages, but it wasn't long before I realized that it had been stolen. At least the thief left the hooks and price tag. They must of had picture hooks at home, and it was obvious they didn't need the price tag.

It is a common practice to display one's art in the hallway at the Mill, and one of the charming features about the Mill. Everywhere you wander, you are met with an eclectic mix of eye candy. Around one corner may be colorful abstract pieces, and down the hall, several portraits of big-eyed children melt your heart.

I did all the necessary stuff - called security, called the police, got a case number, made sure nothing else was missing, and told all my neighbors. It took a lot of time. And I don't like to waste time, because time is all we have. And I know whoever took it will never be found, and it will not turn up anywhere - if it happens to turn up in the trash heap, then I might be a bit upset.

I figured that I must be famous at last. Why would someone steal a print (the original has been sold), unless they thought it had enormous value? That thought, of course, made me muse a bit, but it was most likely a patron of a nearby bar that had way too many beers, and was amused by the long shadows in the print, entitled, "Stretched Thin".

Anyway, for all of you out there, I have included a picture of the missing print. If you see it on a wall, it would be fun to ask the person where they got it. (I have sold a few!) The good news is, I can make more! The bad news is, that it was in a really nice frame.

So, for the time being, I am going to enjoy my fame. But to be safe, I put a few of the more expensive paintings in my studio - I don't want to be too famous!

Peace,
Cathy

No comments: