Search This Blog

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Computers and sanity

Just recently, my computer and wireless router were taken out in a wind storm. The wireless router was not a big deal. Getting a new computer, on the other hand, has been a maze of nightmarish challenges.

So, I am up and running, and despite backing-up my files, I am missing some of my artwork. As I download from the remote website (I have lost count of how many times), I relaize I have inadvertently created limited edition prints and cards. With all my pastels and acrylics missing, aka most of my work, what is already printed out is all there is.

Maybe this is a good thing. Another fresh start. Another new beginning. As I yield to the sorry fact that I may never be able to recover those files, I realize that perhaps this is a good thing - I am being propelled forward, not able to look back. For me, this is a good thing. I tend to get comfortable with what is. Now I have a chance to get comfortable with what may be.

I bought an external hard drive, so I don't have to go through this again. Once is enough!

Peace,
Cathy

No comments: