Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Child



The child in me has been screaming to take a new direction, to go on a new adventure. I have learned it is important to listen to my inner child, because it is very good at letting me know what I need creatively.

So, I started work on three paintings of autumn color, using unusual hues of magenta and violet, along with the more traditional gold, yellow, and orange. I outlined the trees in black ink to add drama, and used both a brush and palette knife to paint.

The results are...interesting. I kind of like them. They are arresting, demanding attention, drawing you in, and screaming, "look at me, look at me"....just like my inner child.

Art is a journey and a process. I do believe my inner child is responsible for most of my work. The child is the part that has imagination, and is not afraid to try new things. I think when we rely on our adult part to run the creativity show, we miss out on a lot of new directions. Plus, who wants to hear a screaming child all the time? 

I would be interested in any feedback and impressions. Has you inner child spoken to you today?

Artfully yours,
Cathy

No comments: