Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Greetings! My Introduction

Hello fellow travelers!

This is my very first post, as I bravely step out into the world of blogging. I hope you find some interesting, entertaining, and artful moments to share with me.

I am an artist in the Chesapeake Bay region, and I will be posting acrylic paintings, and talking about our adventures on our boating trips. While I am a slow painter, I seem to get a lot done while "out at sea". More of my work can be seen on my website.

I am taking a leap, and switching from pastels to acrylics. Fellow artists will understand why...maybe not, but acrylics are easier to ship, take with you in the field, and less costly to frame. Plus, acrylics are very tough - some believe tougher than oil paintings. And, they dry fast, making them ideal for working while out on the boat.

Thank you for getting this far! I have no idea what I am getting into, but I am sure it will be exciting, unpredictable, and fun.

Paint yourself a great day!

Cathy

No comments: