Search This Blog

Monday, June 21, 2010

Discipline

Being an artist, discipline is not one of my stronger suits. While I can be disciplined to finish a painting, I am less disciplined with daily activities.

One area I am going to try to improve upon is posting blogs! It doesn't matter if I don't have a lot to say, but I realize that posting is the backbone of the blog. So, I will try to use my early morning hours to post more blogs more frequently.

Discipline is a learned skill, and one must practice it to get better at it. So, for the next several weeks, I will strive to be more disciplined, and post regularly. And, if my audience wants, they can keep me on track!

An update - I have been rather manic for the past several weeks, and typing has been difficult. Between my doctor and myself, we seem to have gotten the beast under control. What a relief! The mania was not the happy kind. It was like an internal restlessness, and sleep was hard to come by.

I am not using the mania as an excuse, although my typing time was restricted to essential tasks. As I type this, I am still struggling with the hand to eye coordination. I just need to discipline myself, and power through the problems in life.

As we embark on a new week, I challenge everyone to think of an area in their lives that could use more discipline. Perhaps you are already disciplined enough in daily life to be productive and successful. But if not, here is your opportunity to learn a new skill, and get more out of life.

Namaste,

Cathy

No comments: