Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Starting Fresh


This spring has been a time of things falling apart. HVAC, lawnmower, cell phone falling into a bucket of paint, refrigerator leaking water, trees falling on the house, garage door broken, and our boat in the shop.

Then, yesterday, a hacker spammed my entire e-mail list. After waiting 24 long hours to be able to use that account, the password has been changed on everything I have! Ironically, the spammer sent the e-mail to the local police, who just happened to be on my list!

So, with a new e-mail, I have to start fresh. With the cell phone, I decided to start fresh as well, by loading contacts only as I need to. There is something about starting over that is uplifting and satisfying. A clean slate is so inviting.

This fresh start mentality has infiltrated my artwork as well. I find I need to take a new direction, take more risks, and accept more failures. Each clean piece of canvas represents a new start - and an opportunity for a new direction.

May you find peace in your life, amidst all the confusion,

Cathy


No comments: